Promoting Your Course
This is not the Field of Dreams, "build it and they will come". Part of being of service to others is letting people know you exist, that you are available to be of assistance.
You can apply spiritual principles to promoting your course, and we actually encourage you to do so... but remember that faith lives in our actions. As you think about how you can promote your course, listen to where your heart guides you.
Also, notice when there is resistance in you. Resistance often is not a sign of "that isn't the way to go" (disinterest takes care of that), but instead it is a sign that this is the path for you but you will have to grow in some way to go down it.
How to Promote Your Course
These days, there are almost an unlimited number of ways to promote your course and let people know it is available to them.
Below are some very general ideas to get your mind going about what will work for you and your course.
We will periodically update this lesson to continue to provide you assistance, but this one topic could be (and is) multiple course in itself.
Offline / Traditional Marketing
These are things like:
- Word-of-mouth (literally just telling people about it)
- speaking with people in-person
- phone calls
- magazine and newspaper ads
- signs and billboards
- you can add wording to your existing print marketing materials, like your business card
- TV ads and public service announcements (PSA)
- Radio ads and PSAs
This list could get out-of-hand quickly, but we'll do our best to keep it clear and concise.
- email marketing (to your list and partnering with others)
- social media posts
- social media ads
- search engine ads
- text message (SMS) marketing
- website / landing page
- blogging /vlogging (as a guest or on your own)
- webinars (as a guest or host your own)
- live streams on social media
- podcasts (as a guest or host your own)
- video marketing (creating and posting videos, YouTube)
Again, there are almost an infinite number of marketing tools out there. Don't get bogged down in choosing which ones to use. Here again, trust your inner guidance and move forward with courage and faith.
Create graphics (for social posts, blog posts, ads, emails, etc.)
Social media management